New guy: Howdy Duty

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Daddyo

Howdy alll —

New guy to the forum – been looking for a place like this.

My bacground: sixteen years in radio & TV production, back in the days of Ampex 2" Quadraplex recorders and  RCA TK-44s, which I used to chip and match as a production engineer.

Now I earn my daily bread else how, but you can never really leave the game completely.

So I can't tolerate shoddy gear, shoddy practices, shoddy production values, shoddy audio.

I spend a lot of time on personal audio production, still photography, and personal video production. I love the fact that mere citizens have access to production tools that would have cost far into six figures when I was doing it for a living, but I detest the clueless approach to production fundamentals we see at all sides. Many folks (present company excepted!) don't even have seem to have, judging by their output, any idea of what they don't know, and it shows.

So I work hard to put together good projects with good production values, just to show what can be done by paying attention both to fundamentals and to details. Folks say, "How'd you do that? It looks so professional!"

Yup, it's nice to be an amateur…

Nice to meet y'all
      Daddyo

Mike Wilhelm
      Keymaster

Welcome aboard!

EarlC

Always nice to have an expert here.

composite1

Welcome to the Forums. You'll find yourself in good company here!

Jennifer O’Rourke
      Inactive

I remember those Ampex 2" Quadraplex machines! I felt so "big time" when I learned to operate one! Welcome to the Videomaker Forums – you'll find a nice home here.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Video and Film Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Best Products

The best lenses for video — 2021

Lenses are key to making your favorite camera create the images you envision. These are the best lenses for video available today.
homicide-bootstrap

Need help making a stellar first video?

FREE

Download our free eBook with 8 tips to get on the right track and create a video that you can be proud of.

Giveaway

CANON EOS

REBEL T7i

Given away to one lucky winner

Competition is open worldwide

ENTER TO WIN