Need recommendation on a first video shoot of an interview

Videomaker – Learn video production and editing, camera reviews Forums Technique Production Gear Need recommendation on a first video shoot of an interview

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author

Hi. I am Udhaya from India.

One of my friends approached me to make an interview video on a political topic. This is the first time I am planning for a video work. Here are the points I have decided to work with:

1. Two cameras – 5D mark iv for interviewee and Nikon D3200 for anchor
      2. Two microphones – One for each
      3. Two umbrellas / soft boxes

Now, because this is first time, I have few points in mind:

1. A decent video is enough – The content should reach audience without any distrurbance. Not a great quality video targetted.
      2. Not much of Post Production (PP) to be done – Would like to go for automatic / default settings of the gears to start with
      3. Should be an economical production

I would like you to recommend me the following:

1. What microphones should I go for – Should cut hissing noise. Should automatically adjust volume input output levels. Should come with automatic setup feature to do this based on ambience. Pl. provide a wireless and wired option. Will pick based on affordability.

2. Since I have two microphones, I guess need some audio mixing device? I also want it to give me one headphone output. Cordless is most preferred. But again subject to affordability.

3. Do I need a separate memory card to record the audio output from this device? Or is there an easy way that avoids mixing video and audio in PP?

4. Do I need any other hardware(s)?

5. While doing PP, when I change frames between one camera output to another camera output how do I easily manage audio to stay in synch?

Pl. help. Thanks.

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

The best live streaming equipment — 2021

These days, anyone with access to a smartphone can connect with fans and friends from all over the world. However, the more complex your stream, the more gear you’ll likely need. Each set up has advantages and disadvantages, and...
homicide-bootstrap