Need help with Corel Videostudio X6 Pro

Videomaker – Learn video production and editing, camera reviews Forums Technique Editing Need help with Corel Videostudio X6 Pro

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Inactive

I'm working through a lot of old family DVDs and ripping off the VOB files to produce edits. My methods are crude and simple – namely copy the VOB files to the hard drive, change the file suffix from VOB to MPG and then import into Corel Videostudio for editing.

Has worked absolutely fine until my current DVD. I can extrat the VOBS, I ca change them to MPG but I can only import two of the MPG files to Videostudio. The other three will not import and produce the error ……

"The total duration is greater than the maximum possible project duration. Some clips will not be added into the project"

If I click "OK", nothing happens and it eventually hangs.

If I select "split by scene", it shows file duration as 26:23:36:10 …. 26 hours ?

The individual files play fine !

Any ideas?

Participant

My guess would be a corrupted time code rather than X6 problem. Do the VOB's play after you change the file name? Sometimes the VOB is a title video or motion graphic. Did you try the Import Digital Media from the Capture Tab?

Inactive

Yes you got it and I worked it out this evening  ….. tried using the inbuilt capture option and it worked fine !

Thanks for your help.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

The best Sony lenses — 2021

Sony has made a name for itself in the camera market lately. From its popular mirrorless line to its cinema cameras, Sony seems to be everywhere. The Sony E Mount has been around for about a decade. Since then, it's...
homicide-bootstrap