need help slowing down video /audio, keeping pitch unchanged, staying in sync

Videomaker – Learn video production and editing, camera reviews Forums General Video and Film Discussion need help slowing down video /audio, keeping pitch unchanged, staying in sync

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

Hello,

Can anyone recommend  a software that can slow down  a video by a percentage that I set , without changing pitch of the audio and keeping video and audio in sync?

Videopad always throws video and audio out of synch, and Wondershare Filmora  and Windows Movie Maker only allow you to change by a preset %.  I only need to slow down by 2%

Participant

My Premiere lets me do this, and as long as the speed change percentage is less than 20% up or down, the audio quality after the maths isn't too bad. Audio time stretch is rarely included in the cheaper editors because it's hard to do retaining the sound quality.

2% seems a small adjustment to make – would it be even noticeable?

Thank you for you response.  Yes, my projects require only a 2-4% adjustment, and it's noticeable for a 5 minute video.  I'm new to video editing, are you referring to Adobe Premiere?  Which version of the software do you have, what package?  I'm trying to figure out what's the lightest and less expensive version of Premiere I can go with that will do this job.

Participant

Well I have a subscription – so have the current one – but the trial versions does this feature I'm pretty sure. Check on their website. The subscription is quite expensive unless you do lots of work with it.  Da Vinci Resolve can be downloaded from blackmagicdesign.com and that too does slow motion, but I've not used that myself.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

homicide-bootstrap