Need Help (Shooting a Music Video)

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Jack Visuals

Hey Guys, really need help with something. I’m trying to do a video effect from another music video I saw on YouTube so I can implement it into the one I’m about to do.

Here’s the video:

In the video, there is constantly images being drawn including lines, shapes, and colors. The images dance about in an animated way that add for a real trippy effect. I know you would probably need to do something in After Effects to achieve this but I don’t know what it would be called or how you would learn it. Any advice is appreciated. Please Help!!!!!!!

Thanks,
      Jack

Look up rotoscoping and continuous line rotoscoping to find out more information. You’re doing the same thing as those, but with less coverage of your video layer.

See the link below for an example using ToonBoom software. The software is very different but the process is exactly the same in Premiere Pro / After Effects.

https://www.toonboom.com/resources/tips-and-tricks/going-bananas-rotoscoping

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • The forum ‘Video and Film Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Best Products

homicide-bootstrap

Need help making a stellar first video?

FREE

Download our free eBook with 8 tips to get on the right track and create a video that you can be proud of.

Giveaway

CANON EOS

REBEL T7i

Given away to one lucky winner

Competition is open worldwide

ENTER TO WIN