need help for a whale hunting documentary shooting.

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
      remi_x
      Participant
      Hi, 

I'm Remi, unf I'm absolutely new to film making and I have no experience with cameras before. I just own a DSLR (nikon d5000) and love shooting photos. But, I have never tried to shoot any serious movie with it. 
      I just have an idea to make a documentary film about a small village in Indonesia where people still hunt whales with traditional boats and equipment.
      I'm a bit confused with all the cams on the market, then I decided to shoot with a GoPro hero 3 Black Edition and with another camera for which I need help to chose.
      Mostly I will use the other camera for interviews, and if I can find a way to secure (to be waterproof) it for the real action on a small boat, I will need to capture some fast movements too,like when the whale hunter is jumping from the boat to catch the whale. 
      Of course I have a small budget πŸ™ what would be around 600-800$ without the GoPro but with other necesarry equipments like mic, and idk what else will I still need for this.
      I would ask for sugestions for cameras or, if it fits this task DSLR's which I could use also on my further documentary shootings.

Oh, and cams or dslrs with slow motion and with ability to shoot in low lights would have a priority,but if it's not fitting the budget then anyway the GoPro has slow mo.

thanks
Viewing 0 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Consumer Camcorders’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Best Products

Best products of 2021

Best products of 2021

With so many great products this year, we've taken the time to review the best of the best. These are our picks for the best products of 2021.
homicide-bootstrap

Need help making a stellar first video?

FREE

Download our free eBook with 8 tips to get on the right track and create a video that you can be proud of.

Giveaway

THE ESSENTIAL VLOGGING TOOLKIT

Given away to one lucky winner

Competition is open worldwide

ENTER TO WIN