Need external Mic for Nikon D3200

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

Hello All!

I've recording videos using a Nikon D3200 and we are currently shooting at a Poker table and I'm looking to purchase an external mic. I'm wanting to pick up a mic/speaker like one would find in a conference call.. the triangle shaped ones since it would pick up all of the sound at the table level (we do prodect reviews and have multiple people at the table). 

Do you all have any suggestions for mics? The ones I've seen are upwards of $500 and that seems absurd! 

Thanks for any help. 

I use my D3200 on occasion for videos and I purchased the Rode VideoMic Pro. Great sound and very well built. I got it from B&H and I think I paid around $250.

I use it when I don't want to set up boom mics or put a wireless lapel mic on the subject.

AG

jr – in my view, you need an omnidirectional mic like this $35 tabletop conference mic from Amazon.  The Rode Videomic Pro is a great mic, but it is probably too directional for your application.

Good luck!

Bill

Hybrid Camera Revolution

Please follow us on Blogger, YouTube and G+

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

Best Products of the Year — 2019

2019 has seen fantastic new equipment for video production, but with a world of options at your disposal, which is the best? We carefully evaluated each new product, emphasizing its innovation, value compared to its direct competition, and its...
homicide-bootstrap