Need Decent HD, Good Sound

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Inactive

I currently have a JVC GZ-EX210 HD camcorder. It's a nice little unit (yes, cheap) for home movies and such. I would like to move up to something a little better – I want HD but need good quality sound or something with a hot shoe that I can put a shotgun mic on. I need to record musical acts. I am told using a really good mic that plugs into the camera is the best way to go. (Actually, I'm told one that records into the camera and into a secondary recorder like a laptop is the very best.)

So, I'd like great audio built in or ability to plug a good mic in and decent HD. Thanks for any advice. I don't have much of a budget for this (as with so many others that ask questions in here). I'll take a range of suggestions and then do my research if anyone has some options for me. Thanks in advance!

Mike Wilhelm
      Keymaster

My advice is to forget about finding a camera with a good internal mic. The sooner you get used to using a purpose-built microphone the better. Get whatever camera you want that has a mic input and grab something from Rode's Videomic line and you should be set. No need for a hot shoe. A cold shoe will work, since you don't need to send power from the camera to the mic.

VideoGeek

What's the budget range for this camcorder?  That will help narrow the choices down a bit.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Consumer Camcorders’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Best Products

The best Sony lenses — 2021

Sony has made a name for itself in the camera market lately. From its popular mirrorless line to its cinema cameras, Sony seems to be everywhere. The Sony E Mount has been around for about a decade. Since then, it's...
homicide-bootstrap

Need help making a stellar first video?

FREE

Download our free eBook with 8 tips to get on the right track and create a video that you can be proud of.

Giveaway

THE ESSENTIAL VLOGGING TOOLKIT

Given away to one lucky winner

Competition is open worldwide

ENTER TO WIN