Need advice on software/hardware

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

Hi,
      my first post…forgive any mistakes.
      I am looking to make long form videos with music…about 40 minutes long each. I need hi quality images (HD)..this will be projected on a large screen, and Hi quality audio (wav files ot mp3, at the least).
      what software and hardware should I get?
      seems like I need a fast computer, a good camera (have a canon rebel 60 DSLR) and some software. I am not a kid, I know this will take work. I am up for it, What do you suggest?
      GtrGeorge

It really depends on what types of videos you’ll be producing. Obviously, the more power you have in your computer, the better. But if you’re just starting out, your videos will probably be pretty basic, in which case you won’t need too much power. I would recommend starting out with an easy-to-learn software, like Sony Movie Studio.

Participant

Mike’s is an excellent suggestion. Then when you’re up to speed you can graduate to Sony Vegas Pro without having to re-learn very much.

• Viewing 2 reply threads
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

The best stock video sites — 2020

Stock video sometimes gets a bad wrap in the filmmaking community. In reality, however, we see stock video used every day in any number of applications. Below, you'll find our selections for the best places to look...
    homicide-bootstrap