Need advice on editing and color grading

Videomaker – Learn video production and editing, camera reviews Forums Technique Editing Need advice on editing and color grading

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author

Hey guys, I just uploaded a new video. Any advice on shooting, editing and color grading? Here is a link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oWmomwU554c

Main problem during editing is the combination fps. Dslr camera are shoting with 25fps and Gopro with 50 (for example).

Thanks!

Participant

Aristotle’s notion that every story must have a beginning, a middle and an end is as valid in film making as it was for the theatre in the 5th century BC. How does camping at the Quarry begin? How about at 0:22, when the girl in the yellow dress runs to catch up with her friends who are headed for the lake.

Next come several of your shots of the gang walking through the woods and grass toward the lake. Finally, shots of the lake itself, with people standing on the rocks above the lake, looking toward their adventure.

Then the various activities during the two days of camping, fire building, water sports, etc., You could end the story at 1:05 with the friends looking off into the sunset, or with the reflective moment at 1:36 and 1:45; or at 1:53 and following with the long slow tilt up showing the beauty of the place.

As it stands, you’ve shot some good footage, but haven’t developed it into a coherent story, the challenge for the editor.

Hey Jack. At the first, many thanks for the detailed feedback! Secondly, I agree with you, every story must have a beginning, a middle and an end. I’ve taken into account πŸ™‚

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

The best royalty-free music and sound effects sites – 2021

Music and sound effects are a crucial part of any film or video project. Using royalty-free stock music in your next project is one way to cut costs without sacrificing quality.
homicide-bootstrap