My 1st video project

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author

Hello gang,

I have just been asked, for the 1st time, to do a small video for a local non profit. The video consists of a series of about 10 three-minute on location interviews and testimonials with the program participants. The videos will be posted on the company’s Facebook page and website. I will be shooting with a handheld LDSR camera, editing video on Premier Pro and sound on Logic 9.

Primarily it’ll be subject on camera giving a testimonial, but some will be subject and interviewer on camera. The shoot will happen over 2 days about 1 hour at a time. It’ll be in an indoor location with lots of people around chatting. I may be able to find an empty room to film in.

I have been doing sound for 15 years and this project seems simple enough to get my toes wet with video. My questions are:

1. What do I charge for this?
      2. What technical considerations do I have to follow?
      3. What is the best way to capture audio? Cam mounted shotgun mic, handheld wireless?
      4. is there anything I haven’t thought or need to think about?
      5. Do you guys need any more info to be able to provide useful advice?

Thank you all for your bits!

You will definitely want to obtain a tripod or stabilizer so the footage will end up looking smooth. I would also suggest using a lapel mic if possible considering the background noise. Based off my previous learning experiences, pay attention to the composition. If you do choose to film in a nearby room, avoid a white wall. I’m guessing this will be on location of an event? Personally I would get far enough away to have the event in the background creating a nice depth of field.

• Viewing 1 reply thread
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

homicide-bootstrap