Music Video

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author

If anyone has their own home made music video, link it below!

Trigger warning-Contains surgery

Participant

Am I being a bit thick. This isn’t a music video it’s a surgical procedure with a totally inappropriate sound track, that prevents monetisation on youtube, and is a silly choice.

Participant

Sorry – I think that’s a crazy idea, because I totally missed the fact any editing was linked to the music at all. It’s just cross concept – the images do not work as a stimulus. Educational 101 – stimulus and effect. You can edit to music if it supports the mood. The music you chose is happy, fast and lively. The images are the total opposite. Music videos can of course be the reverse, music designed to support the images. You missed the mark totally. The music appears to be a randomly selected pop song, completely out of place – a mistake. Editing of the images wasn’t evident as having any link whatsoever with the music. You also need to ask yourself about the actual point? Who is your audience? Medical professionals who understand the images or younger age music lovers who may well listen and not watch. The content also alienates a large proportion of the people who might come across it. Many people won’t like the blood and slime, many people won’t like the music, so if 60% hate the visuals, and 60% hate the music, that’s a very small proportion who like both. This is why on programmes like “how it’s made” the music is chosen to drive the visuals, but is totally un-memorable. On videos where the music is the important part, the images are designed to be the same – not annoying but not memorable.

You’ve invented a new genre, with a very limited audience.

Participant

To be honest, I don’t. At it’s most basic, you could have a heart beating in time with the rhythm, you could make each sizzle with the heat sealer/cutter thing align with the hit points in the music – but it’s simply (in my humble view) a gentle, narrative process that is not a basis for a music video. It has no real links that I can see. No hard edit points. No repetitive motion, actually very little motion at all. Each shot is so similar to the previous one. In a way it would be like using a collection of shots of a jigsaw being completed as the basis of a pop music video – it wouldn’t work.

No it’s a surgical music video. It consists of multiple surgical procedures carefully edited to fit a song, compared to just surgical footage with music in the background.

Thank you! How would you say I could better edit the video to fit the music?

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

homicide-bootstrap