Multiple Videos on One Screen

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Coysh
      Participant

I'm trying to get a whole bunch of videos on screen, playing at one time. The idea would be to slowly pan into the central video.

Any ideas how this can be achieved? I'm using Sony Vegas Pro 9. I've attached this picture to illustrate what I'm trying to achieve. Any help would be great!

Anonymous
      Inactive

Can't help with Sony Vegas, but it's a fairly standard technique. Arrange each clip in the composite on a separate layer on the timeline, one on top of another. Then, for a four-way split screen, reduce the size of each video by 50% and adjust their position on-screen. You can use keyframing to have one of the videos to take over the full screen.

rs170a
      Participant

Track Motion and keyframes are the tools you want to use for this.

Remember that the top track has priority so place your central video on the top track.

There's a short video (4 min.) on the basics of Track Motion on the Sony training page at http://www.sonycreativesoftware.com/training/vegaspro

Mike

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Editing’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Best Products

The best stock video sites — 2021

Stock video sometimes gets a bad wrap in the filmmaking community. In reality, however, we see stock video used every day in any number of applications. Below, you'll find our selections for the best places to look for stock...
homicide-bootstrap

Giveaway

THE ESSENTIAL VLOGGING TOOLKIT

Given away to one lucky winner

Competition is open worldwide

ENTER TO WIN

Need help making a stellar first video?

FREE

Download our free eBook with 8 tips to get on the right track and create a video that you can be proud of.