Moving object in circular motion (sony vegas)

Videomaker – Learn video production and editing, camera reviews Forums Technique Editing Moving object in circular motion (sony vegas)

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Inactive

I know how to make an object move, but can't figure out how to move it in a circular motion. For example making a red circle move from left to right, but on a curve, not on a straight path so it would resample a rsing sun..hope you understand my ideas.

Can anyone help?

Participant

Pan/Crop or Track Motion and several keyframes to create the curve is the only way to do this.

You didn't say if you had Pro or Movie Studio as this may affect what you can do.

Here's a great tutorial called Vegas Keyframe Interpolation Envelopes on advanced keyframing techiques.

Mike

This has been a frustrating limitation in Vegas since I started using it over 10 years ago. Haven’t found a good way still to animate motion on a curved path, short of creating a butt-ton of keyframes and hoping it looks “smooth enough”… never really makes me happy with the result, but it has gotten me by I suppose. Would love to be able to create a curved path between two coordinates using keyframes (with pan/crop or track motion), such that it navigates from one coordinate to the other without having to be a straight line.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

homicide-bootstrap