Moving into Production, need your help.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

Hey guys! I've got to say that in a full year of being a professional video guy, I've come very far. I've upgraded my camera from a parsley old school mini-DV camcorder to a professional canon rig, made some commercials and shorts that were rather successful. But, all of that is irrelevant for this next adventure.

I've put together a great team of individuals to produce a film called RED GORILLA. RED GORILLA is an intimate portrait of a man trying to recover and the measures a family will go to help bring him through.

But right now, all of our funds have gone to everything preproduction and until today we've been able to cover all expenses and now we have 48 days to get the rest of the way there. I know that this kind of thing isn't usually done on the VideoMaker forums, but I'm hoping to raise the awareness of the film and get the word out.

I've been reading Videomaker for a long time, and love seeing the success stories in their articles as well as online. I would like to do what I can to be one of those success stories, and I would like your help to get there. This industry is a revolving door; you help out those around you to help get them to success, and in return you do what you can to help out.

I've included a link to the campaign itself, and there is a lot of cool information and things we're doing with it. We're looking forward to this being one of our states first awesome films in years. Thanks guys!

http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/red-gorilla/x/2240179

Participant

Good luck Rob! I hope that the film gets funded. It's not easy, but it's always worth a shot!

Dan

Participant

Thanks Dan! We're really trying. 

The awesome thing about Crowdfunding is that it allows projects that people care about to get funded and is a great success formula for those that do when it comes to market relations. 

The bigger issue is having something that should be made be lost in the sea of everyone elses projects that should be forgotten about (there are some pretty poor projects in the world). By opening up this outlet for every creative idea a chance it seems like a logical start for those who don't have an in, and it sounds like an amatuers pipe dream to those who have already gotten in.

We're hoping for the best, and we'll do what we can to keep everyone posted.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

Best microphone for YouTube — 2021

One of the most common mistakes beginning video producers make is to overlook audio. Little do these beginners know that audiences are quicker to stop watching a video because of lousy sound quality than they are for poor video. Sound...
homicide-bootstrap