.mov file not working cyberlink power director 13

Videomaker – Learn video production and editing, camera reviews Forums Technique Editing .mov file not working cyberlink power director 13

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

People of the videomaker world. I just upgraded from cyberlink power director 12 to 13 and now all my black magic camera footage ".mov files" wont work in either versions. I've contacted customer support they said the files are no good,but i had them working in 12 before…? Can i convert them to another file type if so what would suit?

You probably won't find much love here for Power Director. Sony Vegas is pretty much the minimum, with most folks on FCP X or PP CC. If you're shooting with BlackMagic, either one of those apps will do amazing stuff with your footage, particularly since BlackMagic assumes that all footage will be color-graded. If you're on Mac, I'd recommend FCP X, on Windows, PP CC. There's a bit of a learning curve, but definitely worth it. Hope that helps!

Participant

I have PD13 with all the latest updates. I am unable to import H264 1080P mov files. Scoured the internet, I got some hints. MOV container files can contain data encoded using various compression and encoding schemes. Cyberlink PowerDirector can support MOV format, but the ability to import the data that they contain is dependent on the codecs (specifically, decoders) installed. To open and edit all MOV files in PowerDirector(13) without hassle, a better choice is to convert MOV to Cyberlink PowerDirector most compatible format like MPEG-2. 

http://www.brorsoft.com/video-to-software/mov-to-cyberlink-powerdirector.html

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

homicide-bootstrap