Mounting a RE50/b on Light Bulb Changing Pole

Videomaker – Learn video production and editing, camera reviews Forums Technique Sound Mounting a RE50/b on Light Bulb Changing Pole

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous

I’m planning on mounting a RE50/b on a light bulb changing pole since it appears to be in the right price range and weight range for its potential users (7th graders). I’ll be running the wire down its side using tape to hold it in place. Whoever holds the pole will have to be wearing gloves to cut down on excessive noise. And then the sound guy will have to keep pace with the actors as they move around the location as say their lines underneath the microphone.

Then unconventionally I’ll be running that line about ten to twenty feet to the microphone-in of the primary DV tape (panasonic GU series, old) camera which will be mobile. I think I’ll need a male-to-female connector and a additional microphone cord at least?

Now I’m sure I can get the pole from the hardware store (http://www.neilslade.com/Papers/pole.htm) and the RE50 from B&H… but the thing is, I also need a shock mount since basically the pole is just a pole and I need something T-shaped and tubular to stick the RE50/b inside of so it stays on the end of the pole. But there’s no shock mount for the RE50 that I could find since it already has a internal shock mount inside its housing.

Is there any shock mount compatible with the RE50 or what sort of plans or at least diameter would I need inside of the PVC if I was going to construct it from off-the-shelf from a hardware store?

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Sound’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Best Products

The best Sony lenses — 2021

Sony has made a name for itself in the camera market lately. From its popular mirrorless line to its cinema cameras, Sony seems to be everywhere. The Sony E Mount has been around for about a decade. Since then, it's...
homicide-bootstrap

Need help making a stellar first video?

FREE

Download our free eBook with 8 tips to get on the right track and create a video that you can be proud of.

Giveaway

CANON EOS

REBEL T7i

Given away to one lucky winner

Competition is open worldwide

ENTER TO WIN