MixPre-D Bag?

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

I'm getting ready to buy a Sound Devices MixPre-D field mixer, and I've got a couple of questions:

1) Are there any deals to be had on the mixer? I've looked around for an educational discount, with no luck. Everybody seems to be full list price.

2) Can you recommend a good field bag to use with the MixPre-D? I've looked at the 302 bags, and they're awfully big.

Thanks for your help!

Participant

1) As you're finding out, good pro audio gear doesn't lose its value like cameras do so you end up paying a lot more for it. The benefit is that it will hold its value for a long time to come.

Check the used sections of pro audio shops such as Trew Audio, Location Sound and Professional Sound Services, just to name a few. They deal with gear like this every day and have a lot of used gear for sale on their sites.

For example, if you're willing to settle for a Sound Devices MP-2, Trew Audio has one with Portabrace case, top pouch and shoulder strap for $675.00

2) Porta-Brace has the MX-24 MINI case which is supposed to fit this recorder. I can't find any dimensions on it anywhere but the shops listed aboue should be able to help you. They may also be able to recomend another bag.

Mike

Thanks for the recommendation on the MX-24 MINI. Online reviews say that it fits the MixPre-D very well. 

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

homicide-bootstrap