MII & S-VHS poduction gear: what to do with it?

Videomaker – Learn video production and editing, camera reviews Forums Technique Production Gear MII & S-VHS poduction gear: what to do with it?

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

Hi everyone,

I work for a chain of thrift-shops (non-profit) in Belgium, and someone just brought in a bunch of older video editing equipment.
      Instead of recycling it for scrap, I was wondering whether there was still a market for this stuff, and that's how I found this forum.

The units are:
      – JVC KR-M545E (MII VTR)
      – JVC KR-M840E (MII VTR)
      – Panasonic AU-62 (MII player)
      – JVC BR-S622E (S-VHS VTR)
      – JVC BR-S810E (S-VHS VTR)
      – JVC RM-G860E (A/B roll editing controller)

The units are in good condition, and that's why I thought it was a pity to scrap them.

Has anyone some idea what we could do with this?

TIA for any feedback,
      James

Mike WilhelmMike Wilhelm
      Keymaster

I'd put it on eBay. It's going to have SOME value, but you might need a national or international platform to sell it (or give it away for that matter).

Participant

If it is in good condition then do not throw it in scrap better option is to sell.

Best Regards

Little Rose

Participant

Hi, I've been trawling the web looking for MII and S-VHS gear for our film archive – do you, by some miracle, still have this equipment or has it gone (as I imagine it has, three months after your first question)

Thanks

Kevin

Participant

Hi Kevin I should be able to help you with professional SVHS gear (camera, vtr, audio recorder) for your archive. Post your contact info and I will get back with you as soon as possible.

Participant

This my work email is kmg23@cam.ac.uk – I run a small film, photo and paper archive at the University of Cambridge. All I need is a way to playback vhs tapes with an s-video output, so I can digitise them, so I don't need a full load of production gear.

If you have any suggestions about where I can get hold of an MII player, then I would be for ever grateful. I am also looking buy other older format machines – I am on the search for a Sony AV3420ce (or a 3620 or 3670), for example and a Umatic player as well, but am rather against the idea of taking a gamble on whatever I can find on ebay.

Any help you can provide, gratefully received.
      Kevin

Participant

Hello James

Do you still have an MII player? My email: prof@abronsius.net

Thank you for your answer.

Participant

Estoy interesado en el MII (VTR)

Quiero saber si aun esta disponible o ya lo has vendido.

Gracias por su respuesta.

I am interested in the MII (VTR) 
      Let me know if still available or have sold already. 
      Thanks for your reply.

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

The best stock video sites — 2021

Stock video sometimes gets a bad wrap in the filmmaking community. In reality, however, we see stock video used every day in any number of applications. Below, you'll find our selections for the best places to look for stock...
homicide-bootstrap