Mic for recording into ipad video?

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author

I don’t think I posted correctly my first post attempt.

We are recording multiple speakers in a big room at church with no sound board. We have an iPad and a tripod with a mount. I just need to figure out an audio solution. Some of our speakers are speaking publicly for the very first time and wave a handheld around so much I can barely fix the levels in FCPX.

Our current setup is a wireless over the ear mic that has a receiver that plugs into a channel on the church’s mixing board (Behringer X32). The camera has XLR connections on a handle the get audio from the same board. To keep our downloadable mp3 files smaller, I export audio tracks as mp3 from the FCPX projects. I open in Audacity and combine the two mono tracks into one and downsample to 22 kHz, then I export into another mp3 file at 96 kbs. They come out at about 50-60 MBs for 78 minutes of audio.

Can anyone recommend an appropriate over the ear headset mic that either has a receiver that plugs in to the lightning port of an iPad or a bluetooth option? Our priority is reliability over high quality audio, as we are recording “talking heads” essentially.

The woman I work for prefers the over-the-ear headset mic as the students (and some of our speakers) when they speak move around a lot and she doesn’t want the line noise a lav would pick up from cloths and arms and such. She has used them in the past and hates them.

Thanks so much,
      Sue

Not sure why it wants me to comment on my own unpublished post.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

Best smartphone cameras for video — 2021

Nowadays, more and more people are reaching for their smartphones to shoot video. In recent years, smartphones have advanced drastically in regards to their shooting abilities. However, which smartphones boast the best shooting capabilities? After much consideration, we have...
homicide-bootstrap