MFT lens

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

Hi,

I'm very new to the video production world and I've been tasked with recommending a MFT lens for the JVC GY-LS300 which must support powered zoom and focus.

Does anyone have much experience in this area? And could you offer any suggestions as to which reasonably priced lenses I should take a look at?

I'd be hugely appreciative. Many thanks,

Hi Matt – there are a couple of lenses that fit the bill – the Panasonic 14-42mm PZ and the Panasonic 45-175mm PZ.

These autofocusing power zoom lenses are 100% compatible with the JVC GY-LS300 (although you'll have to use the camera's Variable Scan Mapping feature to crop the sensor down to match the lens' image circle).

Hope this is helpful!

Bill

Hybrid Camera Revolution

Participant

Hi Bill,

Thanks a lot for getting back to me, this was exactly the info I needed!! 

Really apprecaite it πŸ™‚

Matt

Participant

Check out the Rokinon Cine MFT lens.

They are not only designed for Video but most allow you to use all the s35 Sensor

You can open the JVC CamCorder all the way with one of these without an adapter.

They also let more light into something like the GH4.

At NAB, JVC had one mounted on the LS300.

It perfomed very well in my "Hands On" test.

Participant

Lots of MFT lens will AutoFocus on the LS300 but few can handle the full image circle of the s35 Sensor.

There is a remapping function for that but generally crops the image, reduces the light, and increases the DOF.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

How to choose the right computer for video editing: 4 key specs to check

Buying the best workstation for your needs means understanding how the CPU, GPU, RAM and storage options work together to enhance overall performance.
homicide-bootstrap