“memory effect” issue for new laptop battery

Videomaker – Learn video production and editing, camera reviews Forums Videomaker Tips and Suggestions “memory effect” issue for new laptop battery

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Participant

hello, everyone,

I got a new laptop battery from this website: http://www.batteryselling.com/hp-pavilion-dv2000-battery-6-cell-5200mah-10-8v.html, and i have been told that the new battery was supposed to fix the "memory effect". In other words, i should let my battery fully discharge at least once a week before re-charging it. But google informs me that lithium batteries do not suffer from the memory problem.  So, whether should i do as what they said? On the other hand, i have heard that full discharge/recharge cycles were good for nickel batteries, they reduce the life of lithium ones.  OH, which saying is more reasonable, i have no idea….

Any help will be greatly appreciatted here, thanks advanced!!

Participant

My HP laptop battery died after 14 months of non-use. The battery place I bought a new one from suggested I run it down once a month. 6 months later it`s still like new so I`m willing to believe Li-ion advantages are not quite as advertised!

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

The best video monitors — 2021

We rely on our video monitors to show us an accurate representation of our images throughout the production process. Here are some of the best video monitors currently on the market.
homicide-bootstrap