Magix movie editor pro problem (green)

Videomaker – Learn video production and editing, camera reviews Forums Technique Editing Magix movie editor pro problem (green)

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

Hello everyone!

I am new to the forum and was hoping i could profit from your collective expertise. This may be a simple problem but as my name suggests i am not exactly a veteran of video editing 🙂

The problem I encountered is using both VLC media player and Magix movie editor pro.

I used VLC to cut short clips out of long films, which i filmed with a gopro hero 2 and a hero 3+. now the original (long) videos of BOTH cameras play flawlessly in magix. However only the clips i cut from the videos filmed with the gopro hero 3+ cannot be played by magix.

The clips' audio plays normally, while the image remains entirely solid green. 

Again, I used VLC to cut these clips from videos flimed by both cameras, while the problem of the green screen only persists with all the clips cut from the hero 3+ videos.

The original videos filmed by gopro hero 3+ (uncut by VLC) play normally.

I have put a great deal of effort into collecting all these clips, and wanted to make a short film, but most of my footage doesnt play.

I really hope someone has a solution to this problem.

any advice is greatly appreciated!

Jan Pirner

Participant

SInce the GoPro files play in Magix is there a reason that you're not using it to do your editing?

Mike

Participant

your question is very valid. the only reason I didnt do that is that i only purchased the program after having cut all my footage. this means i have weeks worth of work stored on my hard drive which id have to repeat.

Participant

WIth all due respect, you know that your edited footage is worthless as it is so I don't see any choice other than to do it again 🙁

Mike

Participant

the edited footage plays fine in all media players, only in magix does the green screen error occur. i was hoping the problem was a simple matter of a settings change. if it is not so you might be right.

Participant

Have you tried different editing software?

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

The best 360 cameras available — 2020

360-degree video is a brand new medium driven by new 360 camera technology. However, its immersive qualities create unique technological challenges.
homicide-bootstrap