Low light Fast AF Video Cam?

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

hi..

I'm looking for a handycam which has fast AF(to shoot children) and is good in low light since most of the video will be shot indoors. Budget is max USD 1,000.

Please suggest which model should I go with…

Hi jamaljan – for high quality video, fast autofocus and good low light performance with a $1000 budget, I would get a Panasonic DMC-FZ1000 superzoom instead of a traditional camcorder.

This camera records video at 3840×2160 "4K" Ultra High Definition (UHD) resolution – 4 times the resolution of a 1920×1080 "High Definition" camcorder.

It also has a 1" sensor – 8 times the size of the sensor in a traditional 1/3" sensor camcorder.  The larger sensor gathers more light, which means better low light performance.

Here is a recording of children singing indoors at 4K (please watch at your monitor's highest resolution):

Here is the camera recording at 4K resolution in the hands of a professional videographer:

The camera can also record 1080p HD video at 120fps for slow motion:

And a Panasonic DMC-FZ1000 bundle with an SD card and camera case costs less than $900, so it's well below your $1000 budget limit.

Hope this is helpful and good luck!

Bill

Hybrid Camera Revolution

Participant

Thanks a lot man for your suggestion, will have a look at the reviews of the suggested camera. I couldn't find it in Pakistani online stores, so might have to import it which will increase its cost more.

BTW, I was interested in a handycam as I read that holding it while making video is easier compared to dslr. What's the case with this hybrid cam? 

Participant

Thanks bro… I was just worried about the holding aspect since I've read that holding handycam is more comfortable for long hours + the stabilization. Will definitely check this camera.

There are a few companies here who offer the service of importing from amazon with their service charges and customs fee but the main issue is that if something goes wrong or I get a damaged product – it will be an issue..anyways..

Hi jamaljan – sorry it has taken me so long to get back to you.

WIth its 5-axis stabiization getting steady handheld shots with this camera should not be a problem.

Sorry for all the links to Amazon US.  I didn't know you were in Pakistan.

Adorama in New York also sells the camera for $898US – and they ship worldwide.

Best of luck!

Bill

Hybrid Camera Revolution

Participant

hi man…any idea if the Panasonic HC-V750K is any good…compared to the Fz1000

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

Best After Effects and motion graphics template sites – 2020

You have the tools needed to create stunning motion graphics, but do you have the time? If not, using motion graphics templates can be a great way to add polish to a production without blowing your deadline.
homicide-bootstrap