Low light

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Participant

HI, I am trying to do do a shot with as much contrast between the shaded side of the face and the lit part of the face. Since I am a newbie, any tip would help to keep testing lightning set ups.
      I understand that my camera doesn’t perform well in low light (Canon SL1), but the question is: is there anything I can do to make the shaded side of the face not grainy, as it looks on the link I am sharing?, and of course, the background also looks grainy. Settings: ISO: 800, F:2.8, fps:24, shutter: 50
      I have seen beautiful shots in a dark room with just enough light falling on the opposite side of the camera and a little fill on the other side. In my shot, It looks that I need a lot more light to not get a grainy face and background.
      Any help is greatly appreciated, thank you in advanced!!

CharlesBennettCharlesBennett
      Participant

Yes, you need more light. The noise is from the gain being applied to the camera sensor. You need a light level that will give you a good exposure on the subject. Those beautiful shots you have seen were most likely achieved with post grading.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

The best laptops for video editing — 2021

For video editors, finding the perfect portable workstation is like catching a unicorn. It is no easy task to find the perfect balance of performance vs price point.
homicide-bootstrap