Lost among camera choosing

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      wolfied
      Participant

Dear all,

Just joined the forum to ask for your advice since I'm a budding professional on video shootings.

I would like to buy a video camera for corporate video shootings and outdoor shootings (as of hobby). I definetely don't want a shoulder type camera.

Eventhough I loved the images of Canon 5D Mark 2, I read, it's not very fisible to buy that one for shooting videos since it gets warm quickly and screen isn't movable. And afterall, it's a photograph machine, not a video camera.

I have a budget of around 1200 €. In many places, I read Canon XA20 is a fine camera. Comparing it with JVC HM100, I'm not sure which one to go for. I have never seen Canon xa20 for real but I assume, I can focus manually as well, right? So, for this budget range, which camera should I be choosing? Your feedbacks are very valuable because in 2 weeks, I'll be purchasing the camera. I wait for your valuable replies.

Thank you,

VideoGeek

Personally, I've never been a fan of JVC camcorders so I would go with the Canon. 

Both camcorders offermanul controls so you can focus manually and change other settings as desired.

StevenR
      Participant

i have a canon xa20 and i find its the best camera there is in its category. its even better then some camerastwice its price. it has great focusing and the low light is really great for its category. it also has xlr audio inputs (i dont know if the jvc one has) which is important if you plan on getting good audio for your corporate events. i highly recommend it. there are a lot of videos on youtube shot with this camera and quality is awesome! hope it helps.

RRRoger
      Participant

Consider a GH4, but if possible order a USA version to lenghten the recording time, unless 29 minutes will always be enough for you.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Professional Camcorders’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Best Products

Best camcorders for any video shooter — 2021

Professional camcorders are often smaller, lighter, cheaper, and have more controls than other cameras. These are the best on the market today.
homicide-bootstrap

Need help making a stellar first video?

FREE

Download our free eBook with 8 tips to get on the right track and create a video that you can be proud of.

Giveaway

THE ESSENTIAL VLOGGING TOOLKIT

Given away to one lucky winner

Competition is open worldwide

ENTER TO WIN