Losing frames / non smooth video during recording HD video & horizontal pan

Videomaker – Learn video production and editing, camera reviews Forums Cameras and Camcorders Consumer Camcorders Losing frames / non smooth video during recording HD video & horizontal pan

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

Hi, I have Sony HDR PJ780 camcorder. It is full HD so I expected splendid video on my HD TV. What I see is that if during recording if I perform a horizontal pan (rotating the camera to the left or right ) the recorder video jumps and seems to be losing frames, so it is not a smooth motion. One can see this especially at the vertical lines/walls of the buildings, trees, etc.  It happens even if I move the camera very slowly.

It is very annoying seems the camera is really expensive and it seems to me that either the processor is not able to record all the frames or something else is to blmae (stabilizer ?)  I tried both the 25 and 50i frames/s recording but the result is the same….  With my old, non-HD camera I had much smoother videos, and it did not make your eyes tired.

Any hint?

Participant

WIth HD video, it's even more crtical to do any pans SLOWLY. Try it again and slow your pans down a lot and see if you still have this problem.

Mike

Participant

Theres a good chance that turning off "image stabilization" will sort out your problem. You should consider doing this everytime you put your camcorder on a tripod.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

homicide-bootstrap