Looking for hd tapes

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

I need some help with finding a good hd mini tape for video production. I use a canonXha1s.   I bought maxwell hd tapes which are the lowest quality I have ever seen but they advertised them as gf and they aren't. Any help will be appreciated

Participant

I used to use the Maxell MiniDV tapes because I could get bulk locally, but I did get more dropouts than expected. When that local source dried up, I started buying Panasonic, and no more dropouts! And I'm recording HDV on them. Look for Panasonic AY-DVM63PQUS

Participant

I use the SONY HD MiniDV tapes model DVM63. These are very high quality tapes and are not cheap, but then I have never had a problem with them.

For just shooting family videos I often use the Panasonic MiniDV and they work well too and are less expensive than the SONY HD tapes.  But when shooting for a customer I always use the higher quality SONY HD MiniDV tapes.

You can get the SONY tapes at many places inculding Best Buy.

Participant

Try shopping at B&H photo&video.com they have it all for you and if you call them someone will answer all your questions for you. It's the best store in the world I would live their if I could.

Participant

Try shopping at B&H photo&video.com they have it all for you and if you call them someone will answer all your questions for you. It's the best store in the world I would live their if I could.

Participant

Participant

Participant

Participant

Participant

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

Best smartphone cameras for video — 2021

Nowadays, more and more people are reaching for their smartphones to shoot video. In recent years, smartphones have advanced drastically in regards to their shooting abilities. However, which smartphones boast the best shooting capabilities? After much consideration, we have...
homicide-bootstrap