Looking for hd tapes

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

I need some help with finding a good hd mini tape for video production. I use a canonXha1s.   I bought maxwell hd tapes which are the lowest quality I have ever seen but they advertised them as gf and they aren't. Any help will be appreciated

Participant

I used to use the Maxell MiniDV tapes because I could get bulk locally, but I did get more dropouts than expected. When that local source dried up, I started buying Panasonic, and no more dropouts! And I'm recording HDV on them. Look for Panasonic AY-DVM63PQUS

Participant

I use the SONY HD MiniDV tapes model DVM63. These are very high quality tapes and are not cheap, but then I have never had a problem with them.

For just shooting family videos I often use the Panasonic MiniDV and they work well too and are less expensive than the SONY HD tapes.  But when shooting for a customer I always use the higher quality SONY HD MiniDV tapes.

You can get the SONY tapes at many places inculding Best Buy.

Participant

Try shopping at B&H photo&video.com they have it all for you and if you call them someone will answer all your questions for you. It's the best store in the world I would live their if I could.

Participant

Try shopping at B&H photo&video.com they have it all for you and if you call them someone will answer all your questions for you. It's the best store in the world I would live their if I could.

Participant

Participant

Participant

Participant

Participant

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

The best royalty-free music and sound effects sites – 2021

Music and sound effects are a crucial part of any film or video project. Using royalty-free stock music in your next project is one way to cut costs without sacrificing quality.
homicide-bootstrap