looking for Camcorder w/ Microphone and Headphone Jack

Videomaker – Learn video production and editing, camera reviews Forums Cameras and Camcorders Other Camcorders looking for Camcorder w/ Microphone and Headphone Jack

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      HughMcL
      Participant

Hey I need some help…

I am looking for a camcorder $500 or under that has a microphone jack (for external microphones) and a headphone jack to monitor the sound…

Also the camera must have efficent zoom capabilities as I film pranks and need to stand far away so the people do not notice the camera

Please help me out!

Thanks

brunerww

Hi Hugh – it sounds like you're looking for the $380 Canon HF R32, with its 51x zoom, mic and headphone jacks.  Sadly, Sony and Panasonic camcorders in this price range have mic jacks only.

The HF R32 also has wi-fi connectivity, 32GB of built-in memory and dual SDXC card relay recording (you can automatically switch from internal memory to the card when your 32GB runs out). Great camera for the price.

I'd spend an extra $28 for a couple of spare batteries from Wasabi, though. Canons are famous for being short on battery life.

Hope this is helpful,

Bill

Hybrid Camera Revolution

JackWolcott
      Participant

Hugh: if you can spring for a bit more — $650 — you might look at the Sony HDR-CX580V. It's a great little camera and has both mic and headphone inputs. Take a look at it at B&H (http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/838311-REG/Sony_HDR_CX580V_HDR_CX580V_HD_Camcorder.html)

brunerww

Jack is right, Hugh.  The Sony CX580V is a great camera – it shoots 1080/60p and produces better images than the Canon. I didn't list it because it was over your budget.  If it makes a difference, it's $1 less at Amazon than at B&H (unless you're in a state where Amazon collects sales tax) :).

Cheers,

Bill

Hybrid Camera Revolution

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Other Camcorders’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Best Products

homicide-bootstrap

Need help making a stellar first video?

FREE

Download our free eBook with 8 tips to get on the right track and create a video that you can be proud of.

Giveaway

CANON EOS

REBEL T7i

Given away to one lucky winner

Competition is open worldwide

ENTER TO WIN