Local government public hearings….

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

I am curious to know about recording a local government public hearing, people not happy with how a company or industry is conducting business, or land dispute, something like that.

It’s a public hearing. Can anybody with a camera go and record these things or do there need to be credentials handed out for such things.

I might be attending one and I want to record it for prosperities sake.

JackWolcott
      Participant

In theory, yes. In practice, check with the local governing body before going to the meeting. Local open meeting rules vary tremendously from town to town, state to state.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hi Jack! Wally here. I’ve been videoing public meetings for about 3 years now. That’s all I do. There is a “Public Meetings Act” that you can look up. Basically you can video any public meeting. Period. I video Wa. State legislature hearings, Thurston County Commissioners meetings, all kinds of protest meetings at the capitol. Hallway interviews after hearings. I will be happy to send you some of my videos.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Legal Issues’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Best Products

The best stock video sites — 2021

Stock video sometimes gets a bad wrap in the filmmaking community. In reality, however, we see stock video used every day in any number of applications. Below, you'll find our selections for the best places to look for stock...
homicide-bootstrap

Giveaway

THE ESSENTIAL VLOGGING TOOLKIT

Given away to one lucky winner

Competition is open worldwide

ENTER TO WIN

Need help making a stellar first video?

FREE

Download our free eBook with 8 tips to get on the right track and create a video that you can be proud of.