Live wireless Video to TV from Camcorder or camera

Videomaker – Learn video production and editing, camera reviews Forums General Video and Film Discussion Live wireless Video to TV from Camcorder or camera

• This topic has 2 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 6 years ago by AvatarAnonymous.
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Inactive

Trying to come up with an idea for transmitting live video from a camcorder (walking around a car or truck, or even a tractor or combine), and having that feed into a TV for people to see that can't get as close to see what the camera guy sees.  Trying to get some ideas as to what components would be needed.  Definitely don't want to be carrying around any cords that someone could trip over.  Also, any ideas what kind of $$$ we could be expecting?

Thanks

Tim

FYI: I will cross post this on other forums also to see get responses.

Hi shankscomp,

Looks like you're thinking of something like this. I haven't shopped around much for it, but here's one system that comes in around $1,000. http://www.camotionllc.com/radian-a-106.html

Otherwise I believe Teradek has some high-end systems http://www.teradek.com/

For just setting up a shot, many cameras (camcorder, smartphone and action camera) have Wi-Fi apps that do this, but many falter once you start recording.

Sounds like a fun show!

Hi Tim – the best value-for-money solution is probably the $249.99 Nyrius Aries Pro Digital Wireless HDMI Transmitter and Receiver.  This unit will wirelessly connect the HDMI output on your camera to your laptop, PC or HDTV.

In this video, RCGroups.com shows how to set it up for wireless transmission from an R/C copter (you won't have to modify the power cables like he does – you can power the transmitter from a laptop and the receiver from a wall plug):

Hope this is helpful!

Bill

Hybrid Camera Revolution

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

homicide-bootstrap