Live-Streaming with Canon T2i

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author

Hi again everyone-

I would like to be able to livestream video from my T2i through my laptop.  I've browsed around Google and not found anything.  Does anyone know of a way to either do this through the camera's USB cable and the computer's USB port, or through the camera's HDMI output somehow?  As with my other posts, I need to do this on the cheap 🙂 .  Any help is appreciated!

I don't believe you can.  The camera would need an AVR or firewire input. 

It would need an AVR or Firewire input to stream. 

search on this forum (streaming), you will find multiple articles discussing this subject.

the one that got me going is:

How can I do live streaming with a macbook pro and sony hdr.

very good discussions!

Robert

Participant

It is possible to stream with t2i. I did stream a multicam event with a help of Sony Z1.

What you need is a PC software ExtraWebCam, and then you'll need a multicam editor or just use any other live stream aplication which will recognize ExtraWebCam as a webcamera, which is your t2i in this case.

The only problem is, that the resolution is as you see it on live view screen… it wont be 16:9, but 4:3.

I hope this helps.

Participant

Another alternative is to use app called SparkoCam from http://sparkosoft.com which emulates webcam and supports live-streaming from Canon DSLR cameras.

Thanks guys!  

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

homicide-bootstrap