Lighting Setup ? for newbie

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

Hello,

So i am a personal trainer planing to launch a new fitness channel on youtube. I have no expereince with lighting and video but reading these forums has given me insight and somewhat a basic understanding of how the 3 point lighting works to bring life to subjects. I plan on recording all of my videos of my ipad 4 and iphone 4s using a 3 point lighting. I have a decent size living room with two large windows and no inside light fixture. However, since outside lighting can be finicky i don't plan on using my windows as a light source. All of my videos will be of me standing in front of a white screen either talking about health or performing actual exercises. So, I have decided to purchase a lighting kit priced at $236 that includes 3 softbox lights totaling 2400 watts of light which includes a white/green/black backdrop.

link:

http://www.rakuten.com/prod/cowboystudio-2400w-three-video-lighting-kit-5-x-10ft-black-white-green/228104904.html?listingId=199103871

OR

I am also debating whether i should purchase a different kit that includes 3 softbox lights with one green backdrop priced at 180.

Link:

http://compare.ebay.com/like/360671386915?var=lv&ltyp=AllFixedPriceItemTypes&var=sbar

I have attached a pic of my living room to help further give you an understanding of what the setup would look like. know the living room would be cleared of course but im thinking if i place the backdrop against the wall to the left of my tv and have myself stand in front of the drop with the 3 point lighting system that would be the best situation.

My question is from the pictures i have attached of my living room and the purposes of what i would like to achieve to get optimal lighting what would best suite my needs? 

Thank You

Jade 

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

The best live streaming equipment — 2021

These days, anyone with access to a smartphone can connect with fans and friends from all over the world. However, the more complex your stream, the more gear you’ll likely need. Each set up has advantages and disadvantages, and...
homicide-bootstrap