Lighting for a set

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Participant

Hey guys,

I'm working on a show that will have a set. It is like dinner & a movie where we introduce indy filmmakers work. Attached are pictures of the area we are using. In a concrete building, with 1 fluorescent above. I have 6 hard spotlights, flags, diffusion gels, color correction gels, and reflectors. I was just wondering what type of light set up i should go with. How far should the couch be from the back wall, what type of lights do i need (key, fill, background light, hair light, etc.) & their placement. I will be putting some commando cloth curtains on the walls but here are some pictures for reference. Any any all advice would be appreciated!

Participant

Yes.

Oh, wait… I guess I didn't answer too much.  BUT you didn't give too much info either.  Your pictures didn't load, we don't know the type fixtures you're using or how many cameras, either.

Overall, I like to have talent 5+ feet from the background.  10 is golden.    Cross key the foreground , backlight each guest and HOPEFULLY, you have lights left over to paint the set.  Truthfully, if you're asking these questions, you would probably be better off hiring a lighting director or gaffer to come in and do the job for you.  That would give you the chance to observe, learn their tricks and increase your skillset.

Good luck.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

The best mirrorless cameras and DSLRs for video — 2021

These are the best mirrorless cameras and DSLRs on the market today, organized by use case. All are worthy of your hard-earned dollar.
homicide-bootstrap