Light modifier – Softbox for photo AND video?

Videomaker – Learn video production and editing, camera reviews Forums Technique Production Gear Light modifier – Softbox for photo AND video?

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author

It there a softbox/umbrella-softbox solution for both photography and videography?

I would like to utilize the spftbox for photography and videography when needed. The umbrella-softbox/softbox need to be able to handle heat, of course!

What are my options?

Thanks!

Apologies for jumping in on your thread, but I am in the same situation as you – and didn’t want to start a new thread and water down the response. I would also like to buy a light that is good for taking full body portraits at home, that i can also for video. One side of my room has two quite medium sized windows bringing in light, though it is often a dull cloudy light. I was thinking i could maybe position my subjects sideways to the windows and then use one key light on their other side to balance out the shadows… if anyone could please suggest a good all in one solution under $150 i would appreciate the advice…. I’ve been looking at a 2 soft box setup with 2 x 135W lights, would this work better or would one strong key be enough?

The type of photos and video will be glamor-ous πŸ˜‰

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

Best After Effects and motion graphics template sites – 2021

You have the tools needed to create stunning motion graphics, but do you have the time? If not, using motion graphics templates can be a great way to add polish to a production without blowing your deadline.
homicide-bootstrap