Videomaker – Learn video production and editing, camera reviews › Forums › General › Video and Film Discussion › Lenses for Panasonic GH4
- March 17, 2015 at 6:20 PM #85184VideoMarkerParticipant
Quick question regarding lenses for the Panasonic GH4. Not quite sure which lense to buy for the camera.
I am planning to use the camera for basic still photos as well as wedding videography and short films. Is there a standard lens that would work for all of these?
- March 19, 2015 at 8:50 PM #211932Space RacerParticipant
Start with the Panasonic 12-35. It's a lens you can always sell if you don't like it.
- March 20, 2015 at 3:39 AM #211933brunerwwMember
Hi VideoMarker – congrats on your new GH4! It's a great camera for stills, weddings and filmmaking.
If you want an all-purpose lens, I recommend the $780 Panasonic 12-35mm constant f2.8. This lens performs well in low light, has fast video and still autofocus and was pretty much made for this camera.
Here is what the GH4 can do when combined with the 12-35:
Hope this is helpful and good luck with your new camera and lens!
- March 20, 2015 at 7:12 AM #211934VideoMarkerParticipant
Awesome, thanks for the advice!!
- March 25, 2015 at 1:13 PM #211981
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.