Lens recommendation for Lumix G7 for video stabilization?

Videomaker – Learn video production and editing, camera reviews Forums Cameras and Camcorders Consumer Camcorders Lens recommendation for Lumix G7 for video stabilization?

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Participant

Hi everyone, I just bought the G7 and I love it! I love the quality and I LOVE how it performs in low light. Exactly what I was looking for.

I’m using it for video with the 42mm kit lens but the only issue is, when filming, it looks very shaky if you hold it your hand.

What can I do to stabilize this? Is there a lens that performs just like this but better and with image stabilization? I’m still a newbie. Thanks!

Participant

Quality lenses, these days don't come cheap, so have you considered using your current lens, since it seems to be generally satisfactory, but instead, stabilising those shots which call for it, 'in-post'. I have been using 'Mercalli-4' (Pro-DAD – Germany) for some time now and after a few basic skills have been mastered, I have found it to be almost indispensible. Although I shoot from a tripod with a fluid head, most of my shots, being of wildlife, must be taken at or near the extreme telephoto end of my shooting capacity, which means a great many unsteady shots. It may be 'thinking outside the square' somewhat, to use this approach, but 'Mercalli 4' has an arsenal of different settings to deal with all sorts of stabilisation issues, is able to put out high quality footage, and as a bonus, minimises the effects of that perennial curse, the roller shutter 'wobble' prevelant in so many consumer-level camcorders, if that is required. Try it, you may be pleasantly surprised.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

The best royalty-free music and sound effects sites – 2021

Music and sound effects are a crucial part of any film or video project. Using royalty-free stock music in your next project is one way to cut costs without sacrificing quality.
homicide-bootstrap