Videomaker – Learn video production and editing, camera reviews › Forums › General › Video and Film Discussion › LED v Fluorescent or Blend for Studio?
- December 15, 2014 at 6:19 PM #84679gopher72Member
I'm a teacher building a high school TV studio. Roughly 32'X20'. Two sets. News and Interview. I've got roughly $75K to spend on lighting gear and install. What's my best bet…LED, Fluorescent, or a blend of the two?
- December 18, 2014 at 8:28 PM #211472BrianParticipant
Wow! Congratulations on having a very, very nice budget for lighting. I generally prefer florecent lights but I would probably go with LEDs given the lower cost of maintenance and greater durability.
- December 23, 2014 at 4:24 AM #211487paulearsParticipant
LED, and def don't mix. So many decent products there now – just don't forget that if you need true hard sources, LED can be VERY expensive – for floods and softs they are much more modestly priced – but a a Fresnel or profile (ellipsoidal) replacement is not cheap at all!
- December 23, 2014 at 6:56 AM #211488BrianParticipant
We regularly mix LED and Kinos and while the characteristics of the two styles are different, I find they can work together quite nicely.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.