Last check before buying.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Kattnos

Hi!
      Sorry for a long post!
      I am a Youtuber that post videos of me when i sit a talk to the camera indoors. The lighting is not very good, no studio light´s used. Will maybe buy later. I take some pictures too sometimes. I am mostly 2 meters away from the camera. I have only used action cameras and point and shoots before. This is my first DSLR so I´m sorry if my questions annoy a professional. The camera i have looked at is the 5 year old Canon Rebel t2i/550D (body only). The reason this camera got my attention is that it has a mic jack, it´s affordable and I heard that the Rebel series is great. Is it bad to get a old camera? Should I get a body that´s not so old? If you are recommending a body then it needs to have a mic jack and hot shoe.
      For the lens i have looked at the Canon 50mm f/i.8 STM https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00XKSBMQA/ref=s9_simh_gw_g421_i1_r?ie=UTF8&fpl=fresh&pf_rd_m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_s=&pf_rd_r=V1M7KS4E6YYJ6AWTYSAK&pf_rd_t=36701&pf_rd_p=16f14aeb-bd11-4e9e-8c26-9ca0139074ee&pf_rd_i=desktop
      It´s a prime lens, heard that it´s the best for the type of videos that I´m doing. Does it work with the t2i? And if so can I use it to it´s full potential? Is it bad to use an new lens with an old body? Also, can you recommend some good guides/tutorials for DSLR´s? How is the video quality with these two products?
      So many questions!

JVMedia

For YouTube that setup works perfectly. I had a T2i for a few years and it served me well. I used the 50mm 1.8 almost exclusively, even paired with a 7D on a full length motion picture. Paired with a Rode Video Mic/Pro it works great. Hope this helps.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • The forum ‘DSLR’s’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Best Products

The best camera bags and cases — 2021

Finding the right camera bag or case for your gear can be challenging, particularly if this is the first bag or case you've ever purchased.
homicide-bootstrap

Need help making a stellar first video?

FREE

Download our free eBook with 8 tips to get on the right track and create a video that you can be proud of.

Giveaway

CANON EOS

REBEL T7i

Given away to one lucky winner

Competition is open worldwide

ENTER TO WIN