Laptop/desktop to render YouTube vids and edit using Sony Vegas

Videomaker – Learn video production and editing, camera reviews Forums General Laptop/desktop to render YouTube vids and edit using Sony Vegas

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author

Hello! 

New to this forum, this question might of been asked hundreds of times but I couldn't find anything recent, 

im going to record some gaming footage from a capture card elgato hd60 and  going to upload them to YouTube as a bit of a hobby, but the laptop I have now takes about 6 days to open google. So I'm going to be recording HD quality and doing voice overs and editing it in sony Vegas. 

What at should I look for in a laptop or desktop to make this a lot easier for myself. any help is appreciated please try to keep your reply worded for a 8 yr old as I know nothing about PC's. 

Cheers!

Participant

I use Vegas Pro, too, and like you I am no techie. You can do what I did… I just took the system requirements from the software box to my local computer store and told the sales rep “I need a computer that can handle this.” I had previously figured that if I got a laptop with the fastest Intel chip that I’d be fine. Turns out that the $2000 Toshiba laptop I bought had an insufficient graphics card and Toshiba doesn’t configure its laptops to swap out graphics cards. So when I went with the software system requirements in hand, I ended up with a fantastic desktop with new after market “guts” that is fast as hell, never hangs up when rendering video and hasn’t let me down yet (fingers crossed!)

• Viewing 1 reply thread
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

The best audio and video recorders — 2020

In this article, we’ll cover the best external recorders for both video and audio recording. Then, we’ll go over the specs we considered when making our selections so that you can choose the best recorder for your...
    homicide-bootstrap