Lake Las Vegas Video

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

I have been making short wakeboarding Videos from all self taught skills for the past year. Just finished this one up and wanted to know what you guys thought for a rookie. Thank you!

Inactive

You've got raw talent, that's for sure. What are you shooting with? I have to say, I've never seen a kneeboarder stomp a raley to blind, that was super sick. 

My only critique for you is that you used too many crossfade transitions. I guess it was fitting for the song, but I suggest picking something with more sharp beats if you catch my drift. Use the beat to your advantage and do your quick cut accordingly to make it a little more exciting. 

Here's an example. 

Of course they have a helicopter and sliders.. But take notes from these guys and the postings on http://www.wakeworld.com in the video section.

You're definitely on the right track. Keep up the good work!

Participant

Thanks for the advice! I am using a Canon T3i with a few basic lenses. That Nautique launch video is awesome. I got lucky enough to have Wakeworld.com post my video up yesterday. I see what you are saying with the transitions, too much.

Inactive

Congrats man, having wakeworld post your video is huge exposure. The T3i does a wonderful job. Keep hanging with those dudes, because content is important. Keep refining your skills and equipment with content like that and you'll be a pro in no time. 

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

How to choose the right computer for video editing: 4 key specs to check

Buying the best workstation for your needs means understanding how the CPU, GPU, RAM and storage options work together to enhance overall performance.
homicide-bootstrap