Keep Target Centered?

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Participant

Hi everyone, new user here!

I've been trying to find a way to keep an object centered in a video, with no care whatsover about aspect ratio, or canvas borders, etc, etc.

And the reason for me wanting to find a way to do it is… well… it's a UFO. Yeah, I know, I know… Look, I don't believe in aliens (but that's a deeper subject). I've gone all my life without ever seeing anything of the sort, however in the last two years I've witnessed about 8 or 9 of these. Luckily, I remembered to whip out my iphone and record the last "UFO" I saw at the last minute before it slowly hovered beyond the tree line.

The video is a little shaky, and THAT's why I want to edit it so that the "target" stays in the center. And no, a "remove shaking" button probably will not get the job done.

Any suggestions?

The only thing I can suggest is a trip to the psych ward.  No, I'm kidding.  Who knows what you're seeing, since the U in UFO simply means unidentified.

Joking aside, Adobe After Effects has a tracking function for following a subject on screen.  Other NLEs probably have a similar function, but I have used it in After Effects.  Do a Google search on this, and you should be able to find instructions on how to do it.  One caveat, however:  Keep in mind that, depending on the method used for tracking, it can diminish the quality of your video.  You may have to experiment a little.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

homicide-bootstrap