Keep Target Centered?

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Participant

Hi everyone, new user here!

I've been trying to find a way to keep an object centered in a video, with no care whatsover about aspect ratio, or canvas borders, etc, etc.

And the reason for me wanting to find a way to do it is… well… it's a UFO. Yeah, I know, I know… Look, I don't believe in aliens (but that's a deeper subject). I've gone all my life without ever seeing anything of the sort, however in the last two years I've witnessed about 8 or 9 of these. Luckily, I remembered to whip out my iphone and record the last "UFO" I saw at the last minute before it slowly hovered beyond the tree line.

The video is a little shaky, and THAT's why I want to edit it so that the "target" stays in the center. And no, a "remove shaking" button probably will not get the job done.

Any suggestions?

The only thing I can suggest is a trip to the psych ward.  No, I'm kidding.  Who knows what you're seeing, since the U in UFO simply means unidentified.

Joking aside, Adobe After Effects has a tracking function for following a subject on screen.  Other NLEs probably have a similar function, but I have used it in After Effects.  Do a Google search on this, and you should be able to find instructions on how to do it.  One caveat, however:  Keep in mind that, depending on the method used for tracking, it can diminish the quality of your video.  You may have to experiment a little.

• Viewing 1 reply thread
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

The best audio and video recorders — 2020

In this article, we’ll cover the best external recorders for both video and audio recording. Then, we’ll go over the specs we considered when making our selections so that you can choose the best recorder for your...
    homicide-bootstrap