JVC HM600-Major problems

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

Issue is that the focus hunts back and forth constantly. Even once the camera finds focus, after a few seconds it will start rapidly "pulsing" between different focus points, making the footage unusable.Focus drifting when set manually. the zoom was 0, the subjects was at 2-3 m in the front of camera. Maybe another firmware update resolve this huge problems. I shoot in the same condition with Panasonic hpx171, and Sony Nx5, and the autofocus was 98% perfect.  And stabilisation of hm600 is totaly inferior to Sony or Panasonic. 

Mike WilhelmMike Wilhelm
      Keymaster

It sounds like the unit might be defective. Have you called tech support or considered exchanging it for a new one? We have three of those here at Videomaker and haven't had this problem.

Mike WilhelmMike Wilhelm
      Keymaster

Yeah, you can upload a YouTube video and put the URL in a forum reply to embed it here.

Participant

I highly recommend posting this question on the JVC section on the DV Info site as it's the only forum I've found that is dedicated to your camera.

BTW, there was a recent firmware update.

http://www.dvinfo.net/forum/jvc-gy-hm-600-700-series-camera-systems/

Mike

Participant

I think, you should go for JVC services center becuse that will help or solve your problem..

Participant

Thank you for your reply. yes i called tech support and maybe next week we will find a solution. Is any chance to upload a short example of this problem?

Participant

Thank you for your reply. yes i called tech support and maybe next week we will find a solution. Is any chance to upload a short example of this problem?

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

The best stock video sites — 2021

Stock video sometimes gets a bad wrap in the filmmaking community. In reality, however, we see stock video used every day in any number of applications. Below, you'll find our selections for the best places to look for stock...
homicide-bootstrap