jvc everio hd620 how to question

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

Hey videomaker, i am new here and also new to video making. I have a jvc everio hd620 camcorder and wish to film my "Home Theatre" for Youtube viewing but it lacks an audio mic input so i cannot get good sound quality which is important for my video.It only has the onboard audio from the camera which sounds tinny. Which is the best way to do this as i am willing to purchase what i need too, so i can acheive a good result. I have ultra high end home theatre gear but have not got the tools to bring it to youtube.I was thinking of the zoom h4n mic but am finding things confusing as to how i can record the audio seperately and sync them together. I really dont know where to start.Thanks

Participant

Start with video editing software that allows you to add a line of audio. About $100.

Then record the video and audio on seperate devices, like the Zoom you mention.

Then synchronize the audio in the software.

Then render the video in the software.

Then upload to Youtube if your recording doesn't contain copyright material.

Participant

Here's another little tip: Remember those clapper things used in the movies (They're called slates) … They provide both an audio mark (the sharp sound) and video mark which, when you use a editing program (sony movie studio/adobe premier elements come to mind), will be quite visible both on your camera track and the audio track.

One of the better keys is that by using something like the zoom mic, you can place it (or even hide it) on the set or on the person (Or even mic each person).

Frankly, while there is the task of synching the audio, ususally a product like the zoom will give you much better sound than an onboard mic setting will.

Oh, and if you don't have a slate πŸ™‚ with which to do the clapper, often a flash or even a single clap will take a minute or two off your task of synching.  It is also good to make sure, especially on longer videos, that you maintain your sync.

Participant

Thanks for the input guys, so sorry about the dely getting back as i have been out of town working away.I have avs video editor software. Is that sufficiant for the task.Also i have ordered the zoom H5 and should be here by the end of the week.

• Viewing 3 reply threads
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

homicide-bootstrap