Is my laptop good enough for video editing?

Videomaker – Learn video production and editing, camera reviews Forums Technique Editing Is my laptop good enough for video editing?

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author

I bought an Asus laptop last June and I'm wondering if it can handle video editing programs like Sony Vegas Pro 13 and After Effects. If not, can you guys suggest any good programs I can use with my laptop? Thanks!

Laptop Specs:

ASUS X453MA-BING-WX175B

• Processor
        Intel Bay Trail-M Dual Core Celeron
      • N2840 2.16Ghz
      • Operating System
        Windows 8.1 
      • Chipset
        Intel Chipset
      • Memory
        2GB DDR3L 1600 MHz SDRAM
      • Display
        14.0"" 16:9 HD (1366×768)
      • Graphic
        Integrated Intel HD Graphics
      • Storage
        2.5" 9.5mm SATA
        500GB HDD 5400 RPM 
    Participant

I currently run a desktop that has 8 Intel cores, 12Gig RAM, 2 SATA drives and a $700 GeForce video card with 8 Gig VRAM and Vegas pro (and After Effects CC) will choke and freeze at times when I need them most. I think you’d only be able to edit video on your laptop using some “starter” software such as Sony Platinum, Cyberlink, Corel or something made about 5 years ago to keep the headaches and teeth gnashing to a minimum.

That’s too bad, I have a similar laptop in my office which now I just learned it’s not suitable for professional editing.

Thank you Justoo, can you please suggest any video editing application which can run perfectly with above mentioned configuration.

if you are working for yourself ” try using
    adobe photoshop, after fX, and Premiere pro, photoshop is must you can edit video also in photoshop

or if you want to enter in post-production learn 3D, VFX also

use NukeX, (for VFX), Cinema 4D (for VFX and motion graphics) maya/max (for VFX and animation) and After Effects (for VFX and motion graphics) start with after effects if you are familiar with Photoshop

thanks

HD Video Editors Team

http://www.hdvideoeditors.com/

if you are working for yourself ” try using
    adobe photoshop, after fX, and Premiere pro, photoshop is must you can edit video also in photoshop

or if you want to enter in post-production learn 3D, VFX also

use NukeX, (for VFX), Cinema 4D (for VFX and motion graphics) maya/max (for VFX and animation) and After Effects (for VFX and motion graphics) start with after effects if you are familiar with Photoshop

thanks

HD Video Editors Team

http://www.hdvideoeditors.com/

• Viewing 5 reply threads
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

How to buy a camera — 2020

While we have more options and more technology than ever before; buying a new camera has never been more difficult. It’s not just that there are dozens of cameras to choose from, it’s that each one offers...
    homicide-bootstrap