Videomaker – Learn video production and editing, camera reviews › Forums › Videomaker › Feedback › Is it just me or is SPAM killing this site?
- June 13, 2013 at 3:49 AM #66506youtubeforbusiness.tvParticipant
A quick question for the site owners and Mods is there anything that we can do to stop the spam? I know I've only been here a relatively short while but I always thought that this site was actually quite good. But now it seems like the top 10 posts in any section are just spam. Is there anything that can be done to turn it down a bit?
- June 13, 2013 at 9:23 AM #207813Mike WilhelmKeymaster
What do you consider spam? We have a pretty agressive spam filter in place, and it looks like it's catching most everything (it's caught 121 posts in the last 24 hours).
Can you post a few links?
- June 13, 2013 at 7:41 PM #207830CvilleParticipant
Mike I haven't seen any spam in a while.
- June 13, 2013 at 10:13 PM #207835altarvicMember
I've seen several empty topics with strange titles, but now they are all gone…
- June 14, 2013 at 7:24 AM #207840BruceMolParticipant
How to Transfer Contacts from PC to iPhoneBy yasenayou 23 min 32 sec agosometimes there is a half dozen of these junkers
- June 15, 2013 at 4:26 PM #207867youtubeforbusiness.tvParticipant
Exactly sometimes the 6-8 Recent Topics are just junk
- June 17, 2013 at 1:54 PM #207902Mike WilhelmKeymaster
It sounds like a timing thing. We have moderators that delete these kinds of spam posts, but when they're not online, things aparently get through.
Here in California, I rarely see them during normal daylight hours. What time of day (and what time zone) are you seeing the spam?
- February 23, 2014 at 4:10 PM #209861plnelsonParticipant
All weekend I've seen postings for "Kitchen Design Lancashire" showing up on videomaker. They disappear for a few hours, so the mods must be taking them down, then new ones appear.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.