Is it at all possible to capture footage which has a faulty/sometimes non-existent timecode?

Videomaker – Learn video production and editing, camera reviews Forums Cameras and Camcorders Professional Camcorders Is it at all possible to capture footage which has a faulty/sometimes non-existent timecode?

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Participant

I have a Sony VX1000 which despite being pretty old worked perfectly when I first got it, unfortunately it was dropped then fixed and since then its had a variety of problems the main one being the a faulty timecode on the playback (i use a small minidv cam as a capture cam). I know its the heads that are dirty and am going to send it away again but ive got a lot of footage id like to be able to captue. The timecode is either very jumpy or non existent but it plays back perfectly, no glitches, lines etc but just a really dodgy timecode at the top. Is there any way of being able to capture the footage normally without the use of a timecode? Ive tried it before on ULEAD video studio and once captured just plays dreadfully, skips loads or just doesnt work at all, in occurence to how bad the timecode is. Is there any software that you dont need to capture with a timecode on? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Cheers.

Participant

Both Windows XP and 7 provide free Movie Maker and 'Movie Maker Live'. Simply import from your camera or file downloaded to you pc, save movie file (Movie Maker 2012 ver16.4) in any format up to and including 1080p).

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

The best lights for video production — 2021

Lighting needs run the gamut, from huge budget productions to small, DIY vloggers, and there’s something for every niche. This article will explain what to think about before buying lights and provide a list of the best video lights currently on the market.
homicide-bootstrap