iPhone 7 filming problem

tingtingcheng's picture

Hi everyone,

It's my first time posting anything here, so forgive me if I am not aware of certain rules and conditions...

For a project of mine, I need to use my iPhone 7 as the camera filming while walking down the street. I noticed that there is something wrong with the footage I made. This is the first attempt -

I was using iPhone 7 (10.1) with a cheap selfie stick holding in my hand, 1080p 30 frames/sec. As you can see, it's a bit 'jumpy'? Not sure how to describe it. It seems like there is a beat that makes the camera shake?
So I tested again around where I live, but this time I changed from 30 frames/sec to 60 frames/sec -

It didn't get better. The beats were even more obvious. I wonder could it be the selfie stick I used, so I made another one with hand held -

I feel it gets a bit better, but I am still not sure what was the reason causing the weird beats at the first place.

Does anyone have any idea what could it be? Would a stabilizer like this (https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0113KBLBW/ref=pe_3187911_185740111_TE_item) help? Or could it be any other reason?

Thank you so much!

Ting

Charles Bennett's picture

Are you using the stabilizer in YouTube "picture improvements"? If so, don't. It adds very bad artifacts such as the pumping effect you are seeing and worse.

Canon Legria G40 - Zoom H2n - Dell XPS 8700 - i7-4790 3.60Ghz 4 core - 24Gb DDR3 - Nvidia GeForce GTX 750Ti - Win 10 - DaVinci Resolve 14.2
Dell Precision 490 Workstation - Dual 5355 4 core Xeon - 16gb DDR3 - Win 7 Ultimate - Pro Tools 12.8.2

Abbie Alaric's picture

Hi, This is Abbie Alaric and I have I phone 7 but i don't have this type of problem I think you have misunderstanding well if you want writing service so visit our website you can click here https://www.freshessays.co.uk/buy-essay-online

Kenny Stokes's picture
Plus Member

I'd agree with Charles Bennett, though I have to wonder if it is a hardware issue? Do you have a box or protector on it and the screen shield is loose? Or maybe its the actual camera lens that could be loose? The pumping/shaking effect seems to be most concentrated in the corners and middle of the image where as if you look at the sides the effect is much less obvious.

Video Studio LRCS
Sony PMW-EX1R (2)
Adobe Creative Suite
Asus Prime X299; Intel i9-7900X; GTX 1080 Ti; 64GB DDR4; Win 10 Pro