Introduction plus questions

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

Hello, dear members and artistic people!

I hope this is the right area for me as new user. I was looking for advice and came across this platform which looked very appealing at first glimpse so I was willing to give it a try ^^

Currently, I am a graphics designer who wants to take a step further and get my head into video production and editing which is not too far from what I ply now. The only thing is that I have an old camcorder which revealed a lot of flaws recently. Therefore I would like to acquire a new and better one without disbursing too many and much resources (financially and mentally).

To be fair, my JVC recorder (data can be found here: http://www.digitalcamerawarehouse.com.au/prod4713.htm) has some good features likes full manual control of important controls like shutter time or 34x optical zoom via bottons (no touch screen!) – plus an exchangeable battery.
      Very bad issues are the weak HDD and the microphone which records background noises of the motor moving the internal lens or even the hard drive as well as very bad image quality in evening time when there is actually plenty of light.

At the moment, I would like to start with something small – some budget friendly product – to gather expertise with filming in various situations just like with and without tripod, holding cam while standing in a crowded place or while driving bicycle, etc.

Though, it is hard to decide wether to go for a Canon, Sony, Panasonic, Samsung, etc device because they all have their pros and cons. The good news is all these companies offer low-budget solutions up to €300 (british £250 or US $400) but some of these include bad quality on purpose. Nowadays it is even harder than 30 years ago to find an honest company to produce low-budget products that even do what they are intended to because now they are supposed to break very soon so you buy a new one quickly!

If anybody could share personal experience (I can read through data sheets on my own) about this topic, I would be very thankful and delighted to have found such a great community 😀

thanks for your support in advance
      TriadProductions

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

homicide-bootstrap