Import videos from Canon Legria FS36 for use in effects/editing

Videomaker – Learn video production and editing, camera reviews Forums Cameras and Camcorders Consumer Camcorders Import videos from Canon Legria FS36 for use in effects/editing

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Participant

The camera is a Canon LEGRIA FS36, and I wish to import videos for use in effects and editing. I have a couple of issues here.

1. The camera imports all at one go, or all at one go not including the videos I already have. How can I pick and choose?
      2. When I import them through Pixela ImageMixer, they have this weird encryption that cannot play on any player other than Windows Media Player or Windows Media Center. When I imported one in Adobe Premiere CS3, I could not get an audio channel.

Can you suggest a new method or new program to import videos easily and in a proper, more portable format?

Participant

Dont use the Canon soft ware, When I plug my camera, Vixia's, the ones the sell her in the US, I just plug the cable into the camera, wait for window to reconize it , and when it does go into the cameraclick through the files until I get to a file called stream, open that file and you'll each video file in the camera. Highlite the files you want, right click, click on copy. then go into my videos create a new file and name as the job name and paste raw file to it. The canons do shoot in file structure that came around long after CS 3. you can download a tool called quick media converter at : http://www.cocoonsoftware.com  It will convert your raw file into any type of file that your software can handle, just make sure you pick the file where the converted file is to be place before you start the conversion

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

The best new video tech at CES 2019

Every year, we head to CES to check out the latest innovations in consumer technology and look for the next big thing in video production. CES 2019 was no exception.
homicide-bootstrap